Key takeaways from RenRe’s latest Risk Mitigation Leadership Forum 2022
October saw RenaissanceRe’s 16th annual Risk Mitigation Leadership Forum hosted in London, in partnership with ClimateWise and The Insurer.
Titled ”Leading the Transition to a Green Economy: Role of Credit & Risk Transfer”, the event brought industry leaders and big thinkers together on the topics of transition risk and financing the energy transition, climate change, sustainability, carbon markets and the next steps for the industry in this space to advance progress and create a resilient global market.
The lively panel discussions, engaging fireside conversations and insightful keynotes covered several strategies the industry must dedicate resources to, including innovating current technologies and metrics, forming stronger partnerships between the industry, governments and relevant third parties, and working collaboratively to further close the protection gap.
Agenda highlights included:
- WHERE IS THE TRANSITION RISK GOING? – hosted by Fiona Walden, RenaissanceRe
- FIRESIDE CHAT – with Steven E. Seitz, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- CARBON MARKETS AND TRANSITION RISK: CAN CREDIT RE/INSURANCE HELP SCALE THIS SOLUTION? – hosted by Jeff Manson, RenaissanceRe
- KEYNOTE – Alex Brazier, BlackRock
- FINANCING THE ENERGY TRANSITION: HOW DO WE BEST MATCH RISK WITH CAPITAL? – hosted by RJ Shea, RenaissanceRe
The Insurer TV brings you a highlight video of the event, including interviews with key voices, as well as articles covering points such as next steps needed to reach net zero, changing weather patterns, providing risk capital to finance the energy transition, the carbon credit market and the important role insurance will play in all of this.
You can find all of this and more linked here…